The BMW Group is one of the world's leading automobile and motorcycle manufacturers with more than 100,000 employees in over 100 countries. Our automobile brands BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce enjoy a worldwide reputation. The innovative ideas and technologies developed by the BMW Group set the highest standards in terms of individual mobility in the premium segment. In order to meet our high standards today and in the future, we want to have the best employees on board. For us, this entails more than good school grades or the successful completion of a university degree. We want to attract employees to the BMW Group who carry out their work with a great deal of enthusiasm and team spirit. Job satisfaction is the foundation for personal and business success within the BMW Group.
Function title: BMW Group Tax & Customs Manager
Reporting line: Tax, Customs and Export control (Headquarter BMW AG)
Contract: 39 hour pro week
Working location: Rijswijk, The Netherlands
The BMW Group Tax & Customs Manager is responsible for tax advisory (direct and indirect taxes) as well as customs advisory for the non-Dutch BMW companies operating in/ or with interest in The Netherlands (including their permanent establishments) and their cross border Group transactions along the BMW value chain.
- Responsible for direct and indirect Dutch tax matters as well as Dutch customs compliance and advice for all non-Dutch BMW Group entities (including i.e. permanent establishments) and their cross border Group transactions in the Netherlands along the BMW value chain;
- Advise selected Dutch BMW Group entities regarding tax risk management and opportunities to optimize direct and indirect tax and exploit available opportunities within legal framework;
- Advising the BMW headquarter in cooperation with the international Tax-Departement based in Munich in all BMW Group tasks / projects that have a direct/indirect tax/customs implication in the Netherlands (e.g. acquisitions, new products, new business models, tax based finance leases etc);
- Leading and maintaining communication, negotiation and all interfaces between the internal BMW network partners BMW internally, with the tax authorities in the Netherlands and external advisors in Netherlands;
- Monitor developments in Dutch direct and indirect tax and customs legislation and case law to ensure that all implications for BMW Group entities within and outwith the Netherlands are identified and acted upon efficiently and effectively;
- Being the first point of contact for all queries from the Dutch tax authorities.
Educational Background / Professional Knowledge and Experience / Other Skills:
Level of education: Masters (preferably) and/or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Law, Economics or related disciplines.
Level of working experience:
- Appr. 5 years relevant experience in the Dutch and International tax law;
- Additional extensive knowledge and experience in Indirect Taxes;
- Additional knowledge and experience in accounting & customs;
- Extensive project experience re supporting as well as initiating and leading of projects;
- Cross-cultural experience and appreciation;
- Capacity for team-work and tactful assertiveness;
- Ability to manage relationships with Senior Tax & Customs Officials from the Tax & Customs authorities;
- Ability to manage relationships with external advisors;
- Ability to manage and work in a international team across the boarder.
If you have interest in this position at BMW Group based in Rijswijk. Please send for December 4th , 2013 a concise letter with CV to Mrs SA Sauer-Schubert (HR Advisor), PO Box 5808, 2280 HV Rijswijk.
Publication date November 22nd 2013